Grow your own plant using the Sprout Germitation Plate. Not all seeds are suitable and therefore you have to germinate only a few at a time. How do you do this? Apply the Baggie method or the Cold treatment method.
What yoú’ll need:
– seeds, nuts or a kernel
– a plastic bag with a sealing strip
– a piece of kitchen roll or napkin
Method Baggie method
- Place your seeds in the middle of a piece of a sheet kitchen paper or a napkin
- Fold the piece of kitchen paper / napkin in four, and moisten it with a little water
- Put it in the plastic bag and store in a warm / dry place
- When you see the first roots, it’s time to put the seed on the Germitation Plate in a glass of water (place the roots in the water)
Cold treatment method
This method is more suitable for seeds that are used to growing in the cold. Such as acorns, chestnuts, walnuts and almonds (in peel).
- Soak your seeds in cold water for 48 hours, change the water every day
- Place your seeds in the centre of a piece of kitchen roll or napkin
- Put the napkin with seed (s) in the plastic bag in the refrigerator and wait for roots to emerge.
Delivery will take place within 1-3 days. The Sprout set is sent in a beautiful gift box. A glass is not included with the package.
Plants and health:
In order for your house to become a home – a place where you can truly unwind – we believe the addition of plants to be indispensable. Plants are much more than just a nice addition to your interior; they actively break down harmful substances and turn CO₂ into oxygen. Because we believe that everyone is entitled to a beautiful and healthy living environment, we are happy to share our green must-haves with you!
Will my plants be potted before delivery?
If you purchase a plant-pot combination, they will be delivered separately. Potting our plants is very easy! You can repot a plant from the plastic growers’ pot into the pot. You might add a layer of hydro grains, which will allow room for excess water to drain. If the pot is large enough, you could also simply place the plant with the growers’ pot in it. Is the growers’ pot a bit higher than the pot? That’s an easy fix. The growers’ pot is easily removed, after which you can press down the soil a bit. Wondering you have to do the potting yourself? Well, by delivering the pot and plant separately, we can pack both extra carefully. This way, we ensure they are both delivered in a perfect condition.
Our plants are delivered fresh from the grower. They make a quick pit stop at our distribution centre, where they are carefully packaged in a plant-friendly box. After packaging, your plants are sent straight to your home!
Because plants are living products, they are never exactly identical to the pictures shown on our website. Height measurements and shapes may differ due to weather conditions, for example.
Do you have questions about your plant? The Green lifestyle store team is more than happy to help!